Homestyle Direct Ltd T/A Bathroom Origins understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how yours and your customer’s personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our customers, suppliers and partners and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Information About Us
Homestyle Direct Ltd (Registration number 2912917) is a specialist distributor of bathroom mirrors and accessories.
Registered and trading address: Unit 21 Hainault Works, Hainault Road, Little Heath, Romford, Essex, IG10 2SB
Contact: Sofia Charalambous
Telephone: 0208 5998080
2. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier. Personal data is, in simpler terms any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data and other online identifiers.
3. What Personal Data Do You Collect?
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you (this may vary according to your relationship with us) which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifiers
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes credit history, bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Surveillance and Security Data will include your physical identity recorded on cameras used to monitor our premises.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
4. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for on the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account.
- Supplying our goods to you and your customer. The personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Communicating with you and your customer, this will include providing delivery information via email, telephone and mobile text messaging communication.
- Billing of payments for provision of goods and services.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone or post with information and news on our goods and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
5. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
Will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which is was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following period(s) (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
For the length of the contract (financial information such as invoices will be kept for the legally required period of time).
For the length of the supplier/partner agreements in place (financial information such as invoices will be kept for the legally required period for accounting purposes only).
6. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data
We will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under GDPR. The security of your personal data is essential to us and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures, including the following:
- Data encryption
- Secure passwords and internal policies
- Training of all staff to understand data protection responsibilities
7. Do You Share My Personal Data?
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with third party carriers to supply the delivery services for you or suppliers/manufactures to deal with technical issues.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, we will take steps to ensure that it is handled safely, securely and in accordance with your rights, ours and the third party’s obligations under the law.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or instructions of a government authority.
8. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for a copy of it. This is known as a ‘subject access request’. All subject requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal address shown in section 1.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
9. Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
10. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing
12. How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Sofia Charalambous at Homestyle Direct Ltd at Unit 21 Hainault Works, Hainault Road, Little Heath, Romford, Essex RM6 5ST or 020 85998080 or vial email email@example.com.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.